Here is an Installation Guide for the turbo direct or downpipe.
Vehicle in Pics: 2005 GMC Duramax
Avg. Time Needed: 2-3hrs
- 10mm, 11mm, 14mm, Sockets
- 3/8 Ratchet or 3/8 Air ratchet
- A Pry bar
- A can of penetrating lube (PB Blaster)
- Remove passenger wheel and wheel well (fender liner)
- take front pipe loose from down pipe . remove front pipe if possible.
- Remove bolt on bottom of downpipe and 3 bolts in heatshield
- Loosen 2 nuts on dipstick most say remove dipstick but you might not have to. (This is probably the hardest part of this install)
- Remove turbo heatshield.
- Take off band from turbo to downpipe.
- Wiggle downpipe from bottom it may be stuck pretty good (Spray top with pb blaster and work it back and forth to get it out.
- Clean the turbo outlet to get rid of any soot.
- Also clean the downpipe where it goes into turbo.
- Put a little lube on it to get it in.
- Install turbo clamp.
- Bolt in bottom.
- Tighten dipstick tube , front pipe clamp.
- Check for leaks.
- Replace wheel well.
- Finally test drive.